DNI students share secrets to successSeptember 18, 2015
Dallas Nursing Institute graduates are proud for a reason. That nursing degree was earned, and it didn’t come without late nights, hard work, and long study sessions to stay on track.
We recently surveyed current students to find out what they wish others had told them before starting DNI, and asked them to share study tips for those who are just starting their path to a nursing career.
Here are 10 of our favorites:
- Prepare to work hard. It will pay off in the end.
- Dedicate time per day to study and stick to it. Time management is critical.
- Stay on campus and study after class. This allows you to take advantage of resources like the school library.
- Stay calm and don’t panic under pressure. If you need help, ask for it.
- Be prepared to “marry your book.” Always complete reading before class so that you can focus on the lecture.
- Don’t skip “Learning Objectives” after reading each chapter. Make flash cards, if necessary. This teaches you how to think critically.
- Find a “study buddy” or join a study group. Hold each other accountable.
- Take it one day at a time. Be as actively engaged in class as possible.
- Be sure to take study breaks when needed. Keep yourself healthy so your mind is alert.
- Stay positive. You can do it!