DNI Student and Employee Resources for Survivors of Sexual Assault, Dating Violence, Stalking or Domestic Violence
In addition to the variety of professional, licensed counselors and pastoral counselors located near each DNI educational setting, the University offers as a benefit to its students and employees the following resources that provide professional counseling services:
- Student Solutions: Student Solutions is a free, confidential, around-the-clock counseling service available to all DNI students.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP): DNI employees also receive counseling services through the EAP, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Counselors who provide services to DNI Community Members through EAP programs are not required to disclose reports of sexual misconduct to the University’s Title IX Coordinator. While professional and non-professional counselors and advocates may maintain a victim’s confidentiality vis-à-vis the University, they may have reporting or other obligations under state law.
National Resources for Survivors of Sexual Assault, Dating Violence, Stalking or Domestic Violence
- Office on Violence Against Women: Established by the Violence Against Women Act, the Office on Violence Against Women is designed to reduce violence against women and strengthen resources for all survivors of sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence and stalking.
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: Established by the Violence Against Women Act, the National Domestic Violence Hotline provides twenty-four hour support for people facing domestic violence.
- Stalking Resource Center: Part of the National Center for Victims of Crime, the Stalking Resource Center provides assistance and guidance for those impacted by stalking.
- notalone.gov: This government-sponsored Website contains resources on responding to and preventing sexual assault in schools.
- Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network (RAINN): This nonprofit organization has a twenty-four-hour hotline for anonymous support for people dealing with sexual assault and their friends and families.
- The National Suicide Prevention Hotline: This nonprofit organization has a twenty-four-hour, toll-free confidential suicide prevention hotline.
- Love Is Respect: The Love Is Respect website offers information on how to recognize dating violence and seek help.
- Pandora’s Project: Information about working with LGBTQIA and gender-nonconforming students and same-sex sexual violence.
- Child Welfare Information Gateway: For information on local state laws regarding mandatory reporting and confidentiality.
Local Resources for Survivors of Sexual Assault, Dating Violence, Stalking or Domestic Violence
The following resources and services are available to victims of sexual misconduct in the Dallas area:
- The Family Place: provides a hotline, safe housing, legal help, supervised visitation, counseling for victims and abusers, and community education to men, women and children who are victims of family violence in the Dallas area.
- 24-hr. Crisis Line: (214) 941-1991
- Dallas Area Rape Crisis Center: 24-hr hotline staffed by trained counselors. Accompanies survivors to police department, hospitals and courts. Offers short- and long-term counseling and therapeutic groups. Provides community education, risk education and prevention programs to Dallas county organizations, businesses and schools.
- 24-hr. Crisis Line: (972) 641-RAPE (7273)
- Presbyterian Hospital Dallas Office
- Jackson Building, Lower Level
- 8198 Walnut Hill Lane
- Dallas, TX 75231
- Counseling Office
- 4210 Junius Street
- Dallas, Texas 75246
- Parkland Hospital Victim Intervention Program / Rape Crisis Center: provides crisis support, counseling and advocacy.
- 24-hour hotline: (214) 590-0430
- Brighter Tomorrows: provides 24-hour crisis hotline, safe emergency shelter, adult and children’s counseling, case management, and transitional housing to survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault.
- 24-hour hotline: (972) 262-8383
- Genesis Women’s Shelter: provides shelter, safety, counseling, and expert services to battered women and their children.
- 24-hour hotline: (214) 946-4357
- Mosaic Family Services: a safe haven for survivors of human rights abuses, including human trafficking and domestic violence. Mosaic offers legal representation, shelter, counseling, client advocacy, and community education to survivors of human rights abuses.
- 24-hour hotline: (214) 823-4434