COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Follow-Up
May 21, 2020
As a result of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act, Dallas Nursing Institute has received Higher Education Emergency Relief Funding (HEERF) to be used for Emergency Financial Aid Grants to assist students with expenses related to the disruption of our campus operations. To learn more about the distribution of these funds, please click here.
April 13, 2020
We have been so impressed with the manner in which those students who needed to shift to a remote instruction model did so with great positive and “can-do” attitudes. In speaking with all your campus leaders, the shift went seamlessly for the most part, and when there was a bump or two along the way, we came together to figure it out and got back on track. Thank you for the generosity of your good and kind spirits!
We are aware that many of you are living life right now according to the guidance given by your local and state authorities. In general, and slowly but surely, the following directions and information are being shared:
- An encouragement of anyone 65 years of age and older to stay/work from home.
- Information on local closures of bars, gyms, theaters, and in-person dining in restaurants.
- Governor Abbott’s order that no public gathering should exceed 10 students across the State.
- A growing number of areas issuing shelter in place orders.
- At least one area in Miami, Florida has implemented curfew hours.
We can continue to anticipate that we will be reacting to such state and federal directions and orders over the days to come.
As you know, we have already reduced the time on campus by moving our lectures to a synchronous online format. Based on this week’s executive order from Governor Abbott, we will move the remainder of our skills based training online along with increasing clinical hours available via online technology. This will be a challenging transition, but we will work together to achieve success.
Please know that DNI’s core student services and support functions are in “business as usual” mode! However, we will be providing these services virtually until the Governor’s executive order is lifted. Our focus during this difficult time is your care and success. We are working diligently to ensure your continued educational progress on the path to becoming a professional nurse.
Below are the email addresses and phone numbers for key contacts should you need help:
- Gwendolyn Gaston, Dean of Nursing: 469-941-8313, [email protected]
- Jodie Leamer, VN and ADN Clinical Coord.: 469-941-8316, [email protected]
- Iris Hobson, ADN Coordinator: 469-941-8349, [email protected]
- Joseph Davis, VN Coordinator: 469-941-8344, [email protected]
- Kito Barrow, ADN Coordinator: 469-941-8341, [email protected]
- Brigit Mattix, Dir. Of Admin and Student Affairs: 469-941-8304, [email protected]
- Jennifer Hostutler, Student Service Coordinator: 469-941-8322, [email protected]
- Dominique Hamilton, Student Finance Counselor: 469-941-8311, [email protected]
- Bano Razaq, Student Finance Counselor: 469-941-8358, [email protected]
- Terra Knight, Student Accounts Representative: 469-941-8353, [email protected]
Some additional resources for you:
- Comcast announced a comprehensive COVID-19 response to keep Americans connected to the Internet. Read more here.
- Information Technology (IT Helpdesk)
- Phone: 800-747-8367
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: http://helpdesk.tcsedsystem.edu
As you go about your day and care for yourself and your loved ones, it is crucial that you constantly remind yourself that this situation will pass. Take care of your emotional health and wellbeing just as much as your physical health – and keep pressing forward to reach your long-term goals, keep going no matter what! We are here to support you and are only an email or phone call away.
If there are any additional updates, you can find them on this page and you will receive alerts through our emergency broadcast system.