Emergency Updates/Timely Warnings
How to Report an Incident:
If an incident in is progress, or has just occurred call 911 immediately.
For all other campus incident reporting, please complete an incident report form and contact the Non-Emergency Contact numbers below.
- (469) 941-8304; after hours (469) 941-8396
- [email protected]
- Richardson Fire Department: (972) 744-5700
- Richardson Police Department: (972) 744-4800
DNI Emergency Notification Systems:
- Emergency Alert: The emergency alert system enables DNI officials to contact registered members of DNI via text message and/or e‐mail to apprise them of emergency situations or other ongoing risks to public safety in our campus community.
- Emergency Information on DNI Website: In the event of a major emergency, information about the status of DNI is posted here.
- Email Notifications: DNI maintains a list of email addresses for all students, faculty, and staff that can be segmented to distribute timely information about crimes as well as emergencies and other situations posing a risk to campus safety. Members of the DNI community are encouraged to check their DNI email account for safety and security information.
- Departmental Phone Tree: DNI Administration maintains a stakeholder communication roster and a phone tree to expedite emergency communications.
List of Crisis Management Team (CMT) Members
While students are encouraged to report crimes to the police, they are also urged to report any incidents to a CMT member listed below for proper incident tracking. The current designated CMT members and their titles are:
- Executive Director, Charlita Shelton, (469) 941-8325, [email protected]
- Dean of Nursing, Gwendolyn Gaston, (469) 941-8313, [email protected]
- Director of Administration & Student Affairs, Brigit Mattix, (469) 941-8304, [email protected]
- Senior Director of Admissions, Adam Forrest, (469) 941-8337, [email protected]
- Student Services Coordinator, Jennifer Hostutler, (469) 941-8322, [email protected]