Financial Aid FAQ
The primary source of student aid from the federal government is the Federal Pell Grant and Federal Direct Stafford Loans.
In some cases the Parent PLUS loan is also available. This is a credit based loan parents may apply for to assist dependent students with educational expenses.
Complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) online at fafsa.ed.gov. Students, parents, and borrowers are required to use an FSA ID to confirm their identity and to electronically sign the FAFSA.
Enter your login information
• Provide your email address, a unique username and password, and verify that you are at least 13 years old
Enter your personal information
• Provide your Social Security number, name, and date of birth
• Include your mailing address, email address, phone number, and language preference
• For security purposes, provide answers to five challenge questions
Submit your FSA ID information
• Agree to the terms and conditions
• Verify your email address (This is optional, but helpful. By verifying your email address, you can use your email address as your username when logging in to certain ED websites. This verification also allows you to retrieve your username or reset your password without answering challenge questions.)
You need Dallas Nursing Institute’s FAFSA school code, your Social Security number, driver's license, income tax information, bank statements, and any investment records. Additional parent information will be needed for dependent students.
DNI’s school code is: 034165
You should complete/renew your FAFSA annually; however, it is recommended that you file your current year’s tax forms prior to completing the FAFSA so that you can retrieve your tax information directly on the FAFSA website. The recommended date to complete the FAFSA is by March 1 of each year.
It takes usually about 3 to 5 business days before the school receives your information.
Once you have completed your FAFSA and have submitted any additional required documents, an "estimated award letter" will be prepared within 2 to 5 days. (You will need to sign the letter upon review with your financial aid advisor).
Please note that if you are eligible for FWS, you are not guaranteed a job. If you are interested in the work study program please contact Shawn Gray at 469-941-8332.
No, but you will need to at least maintain a halftime status.
We do not offer early disbursements of financial aid nor do we disburse emergency loans.
Yes, please complete the Direct Deposit Authorization form that can be retrieved from our Student Accounts team.
To determine your refund amount, subtract your tuition and fees charges from your scheduled financial aid total.
Your financial aid advisor will inform you of any scholarship that you are eligible for.
DNI offers a number of payment options. Please contact Office of Student Accounts to discuss options for payment.
An FA hold will not prevent a student from registering or requesting transcripts. It does mean that we need to look carefully at your FAFSA information, which may require some additional documentation from you.